Are you ready to row your digital business? Focusing on attracting more traffic is one of the most important steps you can take.
There are a lot of things you can do to lure traffic to your website, but if your visitors aren’t actually interested in your content or products, what’s the point? What every marketer should strive for is high-quality traffic, and that’s easier said than done. Here are five things you can do to generate more high-quality traffic to your website:
- Add fresh content on a regular basis. Posting more new, quality content can help increase your search engine rankings without any additional steps (although, you should do more than just this). As long as that content is topical, it will also help draw in visitors who are actually looking for sites like yours. Prioritize high-quality content that directly addresses questions and problems your potential customers are facing.
- Post video content. Visual content is skyrocketing in popularity, and video is in the lead. In recent surveys, marketers report video content has the highest return on investment (ROI) and that 43% of consumers want to see more videos. Video doesn’t have to be expensive or lengthy; reports suggest even short smartphone videos are enough to foster connections with potential customers.
- Lean on social media. Use social media to distribute your latest content because it’s still one of the best ways to reach a wide audience without spending much, if any, money. Use an editorial calendar and a social media management tool to plan and schedule your posts in advance. Don’t forget to use popular hashtags to help expand your reach and draw in new visitors.
- Perform an SEO audit. Comb through your website and look for individual pages that could benefit from an SEO update. Some marketers advise optimizing every single page, but you don’t have to tackle them all at once. Keep your potential customers and their search habits in mind, and create thoughtful meta descriptions that actually help people learn about your site.
- Pay close attention to website analytics. Use tracked links to measure how each marketing campaign performs, and then spend time with the results to understand the larger picture. Stay mindful to check your ego at the door because you may be surprised to find that the article you thought would go viral ended up being just a blip on the radar, while others may be unexpectedly popular.
With these tips in play, you should see an upswing in high quality traffic over time. When you do, keep it up!